There Should Be More to Life By: Alexandra Forman

 There Should Be More to Life

By: Alexandra Forman


    Life is unfair. This is a saying that has been around for many years. I strongly agree with this statement, but why is life unfair? It shouldn't be. No one on this earth chose to be born, and yet we are brought into this world having responsibilities we can't avoid. That is the most unfair part of it all. 

    We live in a world where everyone has to pay in order to stay alive. This is mind-blowing to me. Food, water, clothing, and a place to live are all necessities and all cost money. I am aware this is necessary in order to support the economy, and I don't have any alternative solutions. Regardless of this I still think it's crazy that none of us to chose be put on this earth but we all have to pay to keep ourselves alive. 

    To continue, the way society has come to decide what the ideal life is limits many people from achieving their dreams. We start school at the age of five, end high school at eighteen, go to college until we're twenty-two, and spend the next 30-60 years of our lives working to support ourselves and our families. I personally think this is sad. I think everyone should have the opportunity to see the world and get more than just the weekends off for their jobs. Working Monday-Friday every week doing the same things for so many years can get tiring. Some people only get a week or two of vacation time but don't even make enough money to travel to the places they want to go. Traveling is one of the best forms of learning and school/work limit everyone from experiencing that. Education and work is important, and should always be apart of our lives in some form, but there is so much more to the world. 

    All in all, I want to make it clear that I am not blaming anyone for the way our society has become. This has been the way things have worked for years and I don't expect a change to happen anytime soon. It is unfortunate that life is viewed as being unfair when it has the potential to be so much more. Our hopes and dreams should be more attainable, and as a society we should work together to make life more enjoyable. 

Life is Too Short…    

    

Comments

  1. I think you make some really valid points here. My advice - find a career that you love, so your work feels good and then I think life is much easier. I'll never make a million dollars, but I love being with you guys each day and that makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment