Unpopular Opinion: Salad without dressing is underrated By: Marcella Hill

    From being raised in an Italian family, we always have a salad with almost every single meal. Our salads usually contain romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and red peppers dressed in oil and vinegar, but not for me. I am not a fan of putting dressing on salads, to me it is just a waste of calories and not appetizing at all. It takes away from the freshness of the salad by itself. Sometimes I like to put chicken or shrimp in my salad so by eating the lettuce with the chicken it gives it more flavor and helps keep you full. Dressings like caesar, italian, blue cheese, and oil and vinegar simply overpower the freshness of the salad and are too thick and creamy for my liking. My salads cannot contain any croutons or any types of fruits like strawberries or oranges that just completely grosses me out. I also never put any types of cheeses on my salads because it simply has no taste and takes away from the veggies. Whenever we go to family dinners there is always a little bowl of plain lettuce on the side just for me. One of my most recent favorite salads has been a buffalo chicken salad. I simply toss some grilled chicken with Frank's Red Hot sauce and throw it in a classic garden salad with veggies and enjoy. Eating salad loaded with any types of dressing is just so gross to me and not appetizing what so ever! I highly recommend trying salad without dressing, I promise you will be surprised!
Healthy grilled Buffalo chicken salad recipe - Hispana GlobalArmenian Garden Salad Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home
Copycat Olive Garden Salad Recipe (Grain-Free) - Deliciously Organic







  

Comments

  1. I am not a big fan of salads generally, and the only thing that makes me able to tolerate it is Italian dressing so I don't agree, but good for you if you can eat vegetables without smothering them in something to change the taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried this and just can't do it! Although the buffalo chicken does sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always eat salads plain. I agree adding in dressing, croutons etc, is adding unnecessary calories defeating the purpose of a healthy food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salads are an excellent way to become lean whether your an athlete or the average individual. I personally need dressing to eat the salad as I think its a little dry without, plus it washes it down pretty good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ewww no boo you need dressing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't usually have salad but if I do then I need dressing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment