Music - Aidan Mahoney - May Blog

 Music



Creative writing, okay I got this…


Danget. 


Turns out creative writing isn't exactly my specialty. I've been sitting here for a while I got distracted by Tik Tok a little and had to wait for my computer to load for the past 20 minutes but now that I'm on a document I have no idea what to write. I commonly find this problem whenever there's no rubric or topic that I have to write about. Even though it's my favorite kind of thing to write about,  because it's about whatever I want, I always find myself short of an answer on what to write. So I sat here... and sat here... and sat here.  I checked on my phone to see that it was 10:53 and pause the song I was playing You Can Count On Me by Ben Kweller, then it hit me. Music!


 Music to me is so interesting. I've never quite understood it when I was younger, even now.  I didn't know how a series of rhythms and beats and patterns could make a sound that was enjoyable to hear. I never really got the concept of it. Yet I loved it. For a while now I've been staying away from music, I don't really know why I've just had no need to listen to it, But now whenever I'm working I put on a few playlist and shuffle a few songs and it's amazing.


 Music isn't only enjoyable because it sounds good. Whenever I put on a song it takes me back to a specific memory or puts me into my own world. There's a lot to think about every single day and music helps me escape that.


 There are countless songs, countless versions of them and tons of different genres that everyone in the world can listen to, even create. All of these rhythms and patterns can  make you feel happy, sad, excited, and all sorts of different emotions. It'll even make you want to get up and dance even jump around, I've seen it up close. When I put on a good song I start shaking my head and tapping my foot and it's a great feeling.


People use Music for all kinds of things. They use it in movies as a tool, to trigger certain emotions during a certain scene. They use it in commercials and all sorts of ads to make it more entertaining and less boring. People make music to make other people happy, to make money, to make a living. There are so many popular artists out there starting back even when music was first broadcasted the radio. Music has a long history and through every decade there is some sort of popular genre, band, or artist. New dance moves have been made, new instruments have been played, new people sing and share music every single day. 


What would the world be like without it? Well… I’d have no idea what I would be writing about for my creative writing blog. Cheers to the joy of song!


Comments

  1. Music is such a great escape! Tik Tock is not! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, music is amazing! TikTok is pretty good too though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment