Unpopular Opinion - Bacon Sucks - Daniel Maher

    Everyone acts like bacon is the greatest breakfast food ever invented by man kind, and I mean it's okay, but it is not as good as everyone acts like it is. Bacon has become a staple in our diets as time has gone on, because well, we're Americans, and we like to eat food that usually isn't too good for us. I went to a diner recently and took a peak to left, only to see someone with a huge plate of bacon on their table. Nothing else, just bacon. And for me, I think that's simply disgusting. 

    There are plenty of other meats I'll eat from pigs, such as pork, ham, and sausage, but bacon just never did it for me. It's such a greasy food that actually, because of the way it is made and where it comes from on the pig, contains more fat than other pig products. Then, when you eat the fatty part, it's not like you get the satisfying crunch of chip, but a chewy piece of fat that tastes uncooked. It's just nasty. Not even to mention the sheer amount of cholesterol one piece of bacon holds. Because there is more saturated fats in bacon than other pig products, complemented with the other foods you eat, bacon is just horrible for your diet. 

    Not only do is bacon very unhealthy, but it also just doesn't taste very good. I would rather have breakfast sausage with my omelette in the morning than bacon. The grease and fat from the bacon tastes like fried food in my mouth, when I could be eating something that exhibits taste. But hey, that is just bacon from pigs, so what about turkey bacon? Equally as disgusting. If your eating turkey bacon, while it is a somewhat healthier option, you might as well be eating a piece of cardboard.  So I guess that's my unpopular opinion. 

    
    


Comments

  1. Oh man - maybe you haven't had the right kind of bacon! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment