The Injury That Ended An Entire Teams Season- Dillon Caswell

    As a Dallas Cowboys fan, I seem to think that every year that the Cowboys play football is the year that they are going to win the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, that fantasy hasn't come into reality for the past 24-25 years. When this football season started, I had a feeling that this was the year that it would happen. Being 1-3 going into week 5(injury week) there was a little loss in faith in the team, but they had an easy schedule of teams for the next few weeks and they were basically a guaranteed win, and Dak Prescott, the quarterback, was getting so many passing yards and points for the team. 


    Although, in the 3rd quarter of the game, Dak Prescott scrambled to the left after nobody was open to pass to, and he gets awkwardly tackled by a Giants player and breaks his left ankle while also dislocating it! There was immediate shock in the stadium as well as everywhere fans watched it happen. After re-watching the gruesome injury on TV numerous times, I was nervous that he would never play football again. My dad then analyzed the injury and said that there could be a torn ligament in a major part of his foot. That was a sucker punch to my ego, and I knew I wouldn't hear the end of it of my friends saying, "the Dallas Cowboys will never make the Super Bowl." After he was carted off the field, Andy Dalton, the backup quarterback, came in and started to play decent. I thought that maybe we still had a chance because Andy Dalton had been a starting quarterback in the past for the Cincinnati Bengals. But, as the season progressed the team was awful and was having more and more injuries throughout the season and the year was going terrible. 
    In summary, I thought that this year was going to be better than all others as a traditional Cowboys fan thinks, but I was wrong and will still be keeping the same mentality for the rest of my life because at least once in my lifetime they will win the Super Bowl. With this quarterback coming back stronger than ever and having a stronger team overall that is highly possible to happen in the next few years, even sports reporters are saying they will win in the next few years.  
Image result for lombardi trophy




Comments

  1. That's awful how the injuries kept piling up but it's good to keep the positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really stinks when a team has to deal with injuries. It changes everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment