Best Summer -Maelee Moriarty


The Best Things About Summer 

June 20th marks the first day of summer and one thing I definitely know is that many people right now are craving summer. I am definitely one of those people and am hoping that summer comes sooner. Although winter is fun I am ready for it to be over. There are good things about winter. I love to ski and play in the snow but now I am ready for the heat. The thought of 80 degree weather and no school makes me so happy. With corona and online school, this school year has been so mentally draining. Four more months seems like a short amount of time but also so long. Summer brings so much happiness on so many different levels. 

There is a LONG list of things I am exited for this summer but these are just some. 

1. Vacations: A vacation can mean different things. Taking an actual vacation will be harder this year because of corona but I am hoping to get some type of physical vacation. I want to go somewhere other than where I've been the last couple months. Summer is also a great mental vacation from school. Kids need the break from all the stress of school. Summer gives us a few months to relax and not worry about school. 

2. The weather: I am so ready to wear shorts and t-shirts every day. It is so much easier to dress in the summer. You don't have to worry about getting a coat or gloves or anything else. I am so much happier when it is hot out rather than cold. I like to think that people are either winter people or summer people. I am definitely a summer person. 

3. Swimming: Swimming is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. Swimming can be done many different ways... 
            a. The beach: I LOVE swimming at the beach. I love swimming in the ocean with friends and family. I love the sun (usually burning my skin). I love everything about the beach. I usually go to the shore by seaside heights and I love going every year multiple times in the summer. 
            b. The lake: I also love the lake. My uncle has a boat we use every year. I love going to the lake especially because it is so close. It is a 5 minute drive, which is much closer than the beach. There are SO many things to do on the lake. I love to go tubing and waterskiing. I also love to paddle board and kayak. Going to the lake is also so much fun in the summer. 
            c. The pool: The last place I usually swim in the summer is the pool. I don't have a pool in my backyard but many of my friends and family have pools.
I used to only like swimming in pools but now I will swim almost anywhere. 


4. Food: There are some foods in the summer that just taste so much better in the summer on a hot day. Some of these foods include ice pops, ice cream, and my favorite, watermelon (or any other fruit).  

5. Sunsets: Sunsets are my absolute favorite. Sunsets are (in my opinion) so much prettier in the summer. They are even better at the beach. The sun rises at the ocean and sets at the bay and it is so pretty to watch every night. 


Honorable mentions include: bonfires, drive-in/outdoor movies, boardwalks (especially at the beach), music, concerts (before covid), hikes, and living in sandals/flip-flops. 

Comments

  1. I agree with all of this! I think we are all waiting for summer more than ever this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment