The Importance of Friendship- Bailey Chapman


     One thing that the pandemic has taught me is to not take your friends for granted. During the hard reality, we are facing, the right friends are who you can rely on most. When everything first shut down last year, people all over the world were unable to see their friends for months and months. Personally, this made me realize just how important friends truly are. Yes, most people had their family, however, without friends, a lot of people felt alone and like they had no one to talk to. Facetiming and zoom calls just weren't the same. Instead of spending every day with my close friends, I now wondered when the next time I would see them would be. 

    Friendship is one of the most important aspects of life and is something no one should have to live without. Friends are the people you celebrate the good with and the people who provide you support through the bad. Friends can give people a sense of purpose and worthiness. Friends provide comfort and joy. Friends have a huge impact on both your mental and physical health. When with good friends, everything else seems to fade in the background, and the problems you were once facing just don't seem as bad.  

    The memories my friends and I share are unforgettable. From day one we have shared an unbreakable bond that I know will last a lifetime. Vacations, sports, laughs, adventures, and much more are things that I wouldn't trade for anything. We have been through everything together and I can't imagine what it would be like without them. 

    Never again will I take my best friends for granted. I will always be there for them and I know that this will be mutual. I will embrace each and every minute I spend with my friends because you never know, especially now, when you won't be able to spend time with them. Overall, the friendships I share provide me with more happiness than anything and that is the reason why my friends are so important to me.  

    

Comments

  1. Agree- the time apart really makes us remember how much we need our friends in our lives. You're lucky to have a great group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for summer again and to spend endless amounts of time together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment