The Sun - Andrew Reza

Round and down, circles go around
I'm on my way, over the edge.
My head flips over, am I underground?
A backwards memory, the first forgotten pledge

Perpendicular again with the world, 
A strange new way of looking.
But the march wouldn't stop,  as I was hurled
Into the next phase of this trudge without footing.

Like a boulder to a wall, I began to rise 
My head behind me, my eyes look up
I saw the stars, the world, the skies.
I felt the first swig of a cup.

The waking moments, as I right myself
The blood left my head, and my nerves began to lax.
The land made clear, stretching and curving 
Here at the top, I catch my breath, recovering from that horrid tax.

Then as I tip, repeat the first pledge
The pledge to my life, and the infinite exaggeration
What was the memory? I will no longer allege
It was a circle, round and round with my repeated elaboration.

My head is going round and round, so I hope you were there with me.

Gazing at the Horizon - Our Daily Bread Ministries Canada

Comments

Post a Comment