Seltzers: Ranked Worst to Best by Isabella Harris




 Because this month's topic is creative writing and I cannot think of anything, I will be ranking my favorite seltzer brands. First for a little background, I love seltzer. It is quite literally all I drink, well that and Hint waters. I've tried so many different seltzer brands, everything from Pellegrino to Spindrift, and I feel as though I'm pretty knowledgeable on the subject so here it is, my ranking of seltzer from worst to best.

8. Spindrift

To put it as nicely as possible, Spindrift is disgusting. This drink is absolutely horrid, I'd drink a black cherry flavored seltzer before I drank a Spindrift, and as we all know, black cherry is by far the worst flavor. The only Spindrift flavor that is even halfway decent is grapefruit and still I'd only give it a 4.6/10.

7. Pellegrino
    
Pellegrino would be ranked higher but I have to put it this low because of its flavors. Now don't be mistaken, Pellegrino flavors massively outrank whatever monstrosity Spindrift came up with, but I feel as though the flavors were poorly executed. And honestly they all taste very similar to me. They do have great carbonation though and they'd be ranked higher if they had more flavor variation.

6. Perrier


In total fairness, I've only ever had the plain Perrier seltzer and let's be real here, if the seltzer isn't flavored then there's no point. You might as well just drink water, carbonation pairs nicely with a flavor, it cannot stand on its own. 

5. Dasani
 

 Dasani is alright. Nothing special, but it is what it says it is, flavored seltzer water. The flavor is mild at best but shines through enough that it wasn't below Perrier on this list. It might be controversial but it has to be said, only boring people regularly drink Dasani seltzer. Nothing wrong with it but nothing really that cool about it either.

4. Bubly
    


Bubly's flavors are only a tad more poignant than Dasani's but what truly solidified the #4 spot for them was the packaging. I love the simplicity of a single color can and the cute little messages on the little metal tabs. Also they use very bright colors which I love, their seltzer is fine but the look of their cans is what earned them this spot.

3. La Croix
    


La Croix actually has very good flavors I feel. It gets a lot of hate for being overhyped which I understand but it still slaps. Their lime and grapefruit are two of my personal favorites. Don't be fooled though, even those at the top can have horrible flavors. Limoncello La Croix will haunt my dreams until the day I die, it tastes absolutely horrible.

2. Polar Ice
 

 Polar Ice is a classic, its solid and always a good option. Also, all their the flavors are pretty good. Their lime and cranberry lime are fantastic and even their black cherry flavored seltzer isn't even that bad. For a seltzer newbie, I'd say Polar Ice is for sure a solid choice to introduce someone to the complexity of the industry.

1. Waterloo


Now for the best brand ever, Waterloo seltzer. This brand is in the number one spot for one reason and one reason only; Waterloo grapefruit seltzer. This drink is what I'd imagine angel tears to taste like, it is so heavenly and quite literally a blessing to have in your mouth. And in my eyes, it's the perfect gift for any special seltzer enthusiast you have your life.




Comments

  1. An angel tear! You must really love seltzer! I've never even heard of the Waterloo brand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great prompt hehe. Get your seltzer on girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment