2020's Holiday Season by Charlie Sandgran

 2020 has been anything from a normal year. It has been hard on almost everybody and this holiday season was one in which many people were hoping to see there families and get a break from this crazy year. People have always looked forward to the holiday seasons even when there wasn't a worldwide pandemic going around because it was a break and the start to a new year. I can only imagine that the feeling of wanting a break has been multiplied this past year. But when I look back at the holiday season last year I don't remember just the break from school, but the fun memories I had with family and friends.



However I am afraid that many people aren't going to be able to see there family and friends because of all the rules and restrictions with the corona virus. I know that people weren't supposed to have more than 10 people in their house for Thanksgiving and that those rules will probably stay for Christmas. I don't support this at all. I believe if you are scared of the virus or of one of your loved ones getting the virus from you then take all the precautions you feel you need to to be safe. I also believe that if you aren't as afraid of it then you should be aloud to see more than 10 people at a time as long as you know no one has been exposed or has symptoms  On my mom's side of my family I have 25 cousins. Personally I look forward to Christmas because sometimes it is the only time of the year that we can all get together at the same time. I can't imagine that someone is going to tell us to exclude some of our family because of the virus. I know personally that my family isn't going to listen to how many people can come into our house during the holiday but that we would want everybody to come as long as they feel comfortable To me this is frightening in how much power the government thinks they can have in our lives in telling people who they can let in there house. 


I know a lot of people are afraid of the virus and for good reason, but things are looking better. Although the virus is still very contagious it isn't as deadly as it was. There also are 2 vaccines that are about 95% effective that can hopefully be distributed all across the country. I truly hope that this will be over by the summer of 2021 but we can't be sure. As a country we can try and get back to normal and there is no better time to start  than the holidays.

Comments

  1. Charlie, I agree. We have to move on. We should be responsible to make the decisions we feel are adequate for our families. If governors want to say wear a mask in public, fine. But, they are pushing it when they limit our ability to see our family. At some point, governors need to realize we need to actually live in a pandemic and the answer isn't always to hide, for some people the answer may be to restore their spirits and see their loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. People need to still live their lives. That isn't to say that we should be careless, but it just means that individuals are capable of making their own decisions and using their own judgment about the virus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a difficult time to have to make these decisions. We want our families to be safe, but we also miss them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment