Thoughts about 2020 School Year: Oh and What a Year It's Been- Anthony Lane

 


   



    2020 has been quite the experience hasn't it? We started January with a new decade. A fresh start. To begin this great new decade, what better than for the entire continent of Australia to start burning down? Great, just great. Hmm, what next. Oh yeah the whole world got infected with this virus. Maybe you've heard of it it's kind of a big deal. Whats next on the menu? Oh right it's an election year which is very fun. Everyone is just straight up attacking each other over anything political(or anything not political for that matter). I almost forgot, that little virus that I mentioned completely shut down school and everything else in the world for months. So basically 2020 is a real party. The biggest issue for the past month has really been not having school though. I mean it's just crazy. Somehow this virus is still keeping us all home. If you told past me we still wouldn't be in school by the next school year, I would've said your crazy. 

    Me the week before school shut down in March: "There is literally no way they are gonna do school from home that insane."

Me when school goes online: "Wow I'm surprised we actually are doing school from home. Its fine though we'll probably be back in a few weeks." 

A few weeks later: "Okay this was kinda nice at first but when are we going back? We will definitely go back before the school year ends, right?"

The end of the school year: "I can't believe we didn't go back at all. Well, its summer at least. We will without a doubt go back for next school year."

    Yet somehow, here we are, still doing school online. And boy has it been a lot of fun. I don't know what the best part is. Not ever actually meeting my teachers in real life. Not being able to see any of my friends. Trying to deal with the countless technological issues that occur. I could really just go on forever. I think the worst thing for me though is not being able to meet my teachers and see my friends in person. I am being taught by people that I have never met before. Like what?!? And for me, what always made school bearable was being able to hang out with my friends all day and now that corona has taken that part of school away, school just consists of being talked at for 4 hours a day while staring at the computer.     

    Thankfully, teachers are making an effort to connect to students during this crazy time. Although it's not easy, teachers are trying to do engaging activities and breakout rooms(although technology doesn't always allow those to happen) to keep school a little more exciting. 

    In reality, this is what everyone has to go through. Me complaining about what I don't like about it isn't gonna send us back to school. So, even though it stinks, everyone has to just try and focus and get whatever they can out of this school year.      

Comments

  1. I had some of those same thoughts from March-June and I thought there was NO WAY we'd start this year like this....we were wrong. : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree, I never though we'd still be doing virtual into our sophomore year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its crazy how we went from only thinking we were getting two weeks at home for a precaution to a pandemic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment