The Only Thing that Got Me Through the First Month of School- Katrina Furgeosn

The beginning of this school year has definitely been very different from everyone before this. There has been only one thing that has been keeping me together since the start of school, and that is Dunkin' coffee. My latte with oat milk and mocha swirl has been a steady constant in this very weird time. Whether it be before school, during lunch, after practice (while we had them), before my shift at work, or just because I was in the mood, the caffeine always woke me up to go through the rest of my day. My wonderful mother or my brother (who I bribe with a donut) is essential to allowing me to enjoy my warm drink by driving me around. The caffeine and routine of the drink give me something relaxing and helpful through all of the stress of the online school. I believe that the best way to make it through these very stressful times is to treat yourself when you can, and Dunkin is my way of doing so. A good amount of students are struggling through all of this, and I feel that finding things that bring you joy and small bits of peace throughout your week could possibly help them. 



Comments

  1. I love DUNKIN. I think it's really funny but creative that you chose to write about your coffee order. But I get it, and your right, that it's the little things that can get us through unpleasing times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you took a creative approach to your topic and that you bribe Nick with a donut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dunkin in my favorite place ever! It’s what gets me through school.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment