POV: distance learning from an only child- Leah Moore

My situation as a distance learner is a little bit different than most of my friends this year... I am an only child who has it's ups and downs when it comes to learning virtually. 

All of my closest friends have siblings, and they always say how lucky I am not to have to share things such as Christmas or a room, or birthday (for twins, of course), but the reality is that it gets boring and ESPECIALLY during the school day. My mom is a stay at home mom, but she's always out doing something, whether it's running errands or grocery shopping, which leaves me home alone. I do like being home alone and doing my own thing, but I get bored a lot faster. For example, during our extended lunch break, some of my friends will hang out with their siblings or at least pass by them in the house when they come out of their room. I am alone for most of the day until the night when I usually have lacrosse practice. 

It's also really hard to hang out with my friends during the week because most of my friend group plays soccer every day after school, but the weekends are usually free. Now, the whole varsity soccer team is on a two-week quarantine, so I can't even see any of them due to that. 

However, a plus to me being an only child when virtually learning is that I don't have any distractions in my house because no one else is working. I know multiple of my friends have two to three other siblings, all in classes simultaneously, which I can imagine be very distracting. 

   





Comments

  1. I love your desk space and the lights. You are lucky that you don't have distractions. Sometimes I meet with someone and hear another teacher in the background from one of their siblings computers and I imagine that is difficult!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment