More than a game.

     Soccer has played a huge role in my life since I was about 5 years old and continued to up until now. From a young age my parents put me into many sports such as basketball, softball, soccer, and lacrosse. However, soccer was always my favorite. Putting on my cleats and running around the feild always made me so happy. As I got older, my love for the sport got deeper. I played town soccer for a while, but then I moved to a club team because I wanted to take the sport more seriosuly. I honestly think that is the best decision I have ever made. 

    To me, soccer isn't just a sport, it is an escape from everything else in my life. When I step onto the field all the stress, problems, and distractions in my life all disapear. I have also made some of my closest friends through it. It has also given me the oppurtunity to travel to different places to play in tournaments. As well, it has taught me many lessons such as accountability, resilience, leaderhsip, teamwork, and tenacity. 

     I hope to continue playing the sport in college. I can't imagine not playing because it just brings me so much joy. I even hope that one day my kids will play the game and that I will be lucky enough to watch them play. 



Comments

  1. It's great to have an escape! There is no name on this. Please email me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture of you playing! Can't wait for high school season next year

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES MANNY<3 you are one of the most talented people I know!! Keep kicking butt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment